Wednesday 28 March 2012

Hi!

I have decided to write a blog, for anyone who is going through heart faliure or anyone who just fancies a nosey!

I gave birth to my son, Thomas on the 12th October 2011 in Lincolnshire, England. Over the proceeding 7 weeks i bacame REALLY tired, i was wheezing after just walking up a couple of stairs and i could not lay flat without becoming outrageously breathless. I didn't want to go to the doctors because things felt so perfect with my new family and i thought if i just ignored it then i would be ok! After a really bad night towards the end of November my Fiance, Rob and my Mum Lorraine persuaded me to go to out of hours GP.
They did my Blood Pressure and checked my pulse which was a little high but, they got a second opinion and decided that i was severeley anemic and i could go home and start some ferrous sulphate tablets that would improve my iron levels.

The next day i attempted to carry on as normal looking after my newborn son whilst my partner was at work, but i just couldn't cope. I couldn't even carry him without every bone in my body feeling like i was just going to keel over. My mum and dad helped out for a while and when Rob came home from work we went to an emergancy appointment at my GP surgery. They did my blood pressure which was 78/33, very low and my pulse rate was irregular measuring 90 beats per minute and then shooting up to over 150 beats per minute.
However i was sent home and told i was just anemic!

Let me Know if anyones reading this and finding it interesting and i'll carry on :)

4 comments:

  1. Well done Rachel. It is a well written blog. Carry on writing for you and for others in the same situation. It will be good therapy for you. Well done in coping, you have a beautiful son to be very proud of. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel..........I cannot begin to imagine what you and your family have been goin through but i admire what you are doing.
    You are beautiful in body and soul, you have a beautiful family who will be there for you through thick and thin, I know this.........
    This Blog is a fantastic Idea for you and others in a simalar situation. Be yourself gorgeous girlie and stay strong. Big hugs.
    Glynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel that is interesting that you were anaemic. It seems to be a common factor with post partum cardiomyopathy. I hope you will join and share your story on www.myheartsisters.com , a website designed to raise awareness about pregnancy induced heart failure. Jeanee

    ReplyDelete